Nutrition for Longevity: Using Food As Medicine To Live Healthier For Longer With Jennifer Maynard
26th Oct, 2020
Today’s guest, Jennifer Maynard shares with us how we can use food as medicine and create a lifestyle that has us living healthier for longer. After putting two decades of her passion into changing people’s lives through modern medicine, she felt her knowledge and experience would be better served focusing on “Food as Medicine.” She founded Greater Greens, a regenerative organic farm, as the first step to bringing this movement front and center and to help focus on the root of our health challenges.
She then co-founded Nutrition for Longevity, a farm-to-fork meal kitting company that focuses on bringing nutritionally tailored meals to the masses directly from her farm.
Nutrition for Longevity beliefs that a long, healthy life begins with what’s on your plate. To address the nutritional deficiencies in today’s commercially-grown produce, they set out to create a farm-to-table meal delivery service that restores food to its natural state so you can support your health according to principles outlined in The Longevity Diet by Dr. Valter Longo.
Now let’s talk about this subject:
“Nutrition for Longevity: Using Food As Medicine To Live Healthier For Longer With Jennifer Maynard”
Clean eating: What is it and why it’s so critical to your health. Learn how you can eat optimize your health and as well increase your longevity — to not only live longer, but healthier for longer. Jennifer Maynard co-founder of Nutrition For Longevity shares how we can use food as medicine and adjust our diet so that we can increase our chances at lives healthier for longer. Nutrition For Longevity is based on the principles of The Longevity Diet by Dr. Valter Longo.
your health to a whole new level
Get delivered to you Nutrition For Longevity:
From their Antioxidant Rich Clean coffee, Organic Polyphenol Rich Olive Oil, Fresh Organic Produce box, 3 day starter box with customized meal plan, or their Heat & Serve meal plans
Get yours for 10% off your entire order with code: ELPLP
We Talk About:
- Using Food is medicine
- Mission of nutrition of longevity
- What is different in the Longevity regions
- The 2 main culprits for aging
- Benefits to regenerative farming
- Why clean eating is so important
- The importance of the soil
- Why we must get more fiber in our diet
- Fiber is one of the most important foods to feed our gut
- How we connect more to the food we put into our body
- If eating meat, most is most important to consider
- Shifting the paradigm of whats on your plate
- The benefits of shifting into clean eating if even for 2 weeks. What it will do with your tastes and habits
- The importance of clean coffee and why their coffee is actually good for you
- The importance of pre-digestion
- A good reason why you should grow your own plant
- Health benefits of coffee
- What you need to know about coffee and aware why the one you are drinking very likely could be bad for you
- The staples of the longevity diet
- Intermittent fasting — using circadian rhythm
- Prolonged fasting for the longevity diet
- Consuming quality oils — what to look for when buying oils
- Nutrition For Longevity Oil Olive, why is is so special
- Why we should not consume so much protein
- Eating like our ancestors
Resources included in episode
Inspired? Please subscribe and leave a review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
If you are on this journey too, help me find you and hashtag #Passionlovepursuit . This is an incredible journey. Let’s keep this pursuit in action!
Leave a comment