HEAL YOUR GUT: The Solution To Repair And Restore Your Gut Health Naturally With Rachel Scheer
22nd Aug, 2022
I know today’s topic is one of the most popular that people struggle with, that is gut health. I know personally I have had issues with my gut and I know how much it can impact our well-being and health…both mentally and physically. Today’s guest went through it all and through her lowest point when her health was jeopardized, she went all in to learn how she could take her health into her own hands and learn how to address the root cause of her gut problems. Learn today how you can heal your gut and restore your gut health naturally. Take your health in your own hands and discover the real solution to repairing your gut’s health.
Welcome my guest, Rachel Scheer. She is a Functional Medicine Nutritionist who received her degree from Baylor University in Nutrition Science and Dietetics and also became certified in functional medicine. Rachel’s journey as a nutritionist began in bodybuilding and athletic performance, however, a couple years into her practice she began to suffer from severe gastrointestinal dysfunction (IBS.) After many false diagnoses, spending thousands of dollars on doctor visits and tests, and one doctor even suggesting the removal of her entire large intestine.
Rachel decided to take her health into her own hands by taking a gut-centric approach to her healing. By learning how to “heal, instead of just deal”. Shel has a virtual private-practice with a team of Registered Dietitians where she now specializes in addressing the root cause of chronic health conditions like Irritable bowel syndrome, autoimmunity, and weight-loss resistance. Rachel is passionate not just about healing and gut health, but also creating a life of abundance where she believes you truly can have it all.
This episode will give you the tools and insight to help you take control of your health and ultimately heal your gut and restore your gut health.
Now let’s talk about this subject:
“HEAL YOUR GUT: The Solution To Repair And Restore Your Gut Health Naturally”
No longer question what to do to heal your gut and address your gut issues. In this episode, Functional Medicine Nutritionist Rachel Scheer shares how to heal your gut by repairing and restoring your gut health naturally. Address the root cause of your health problems, which more often than not stems in the gut. Learn today the real solution to healing your gut for good.
“Add in things to support overall gut health”
We Talk About:
- How her passion about gut health started
- Her venture in fitness and competition
- The breaking moment she realized how unhealthy she was
- Why IBS is not a real diagnosis
- How her gut health impacted other areas of her health
- Getting to root cause of health issues that very often begin in our gut
- The disconnect between the fitness industry and wellness
- The 3 big stressors that cause Dis-ease in the body
- Why we should not be just looking at just Marcos
- How skeletal muscle contributes to our health
- Some key things to remove to help repair the gut
- Why someone should consulate with a functional medicine practitioner
- Her process to heal her gut
- Taking ownership for your health
- Whats are the fruits in your life
- Removing the bad fruits
- What causes inflammation in your gut
- Bacteria overgrowth
- How stress affects our gut
- What to add in to support overall gut health
- Why you must heal gut before nourishing it
- How certain healthy foods will even irritate and cause more problems in an unhealed gut
- Supplements the can help your gut
- Natural ways to help get rid of bad bacteria
- Removing the stressors that cause gut lining to breakdown
- How fast a gut can heal
- What is SIBO
- Gut issues even when you eat healthy, what to do
- When to use a Low FOBMOP diet
- What foods contain prebiotics
- Polyphenols and how this helps
- Why we should eat a variety or fruits and vegetables
- Getting to know what you tolerate
- Food intolerances why they might develop
- Low stomach acid
- Mindset around food and the diet culture
- How what you eat is directed related to self love/self care
- Her Gut health repair program
“If you were to leave with us a piece of wisdom you have learned in your life’s journey, what would that life lesson be that you would love to share with us today?
Resources included in episode
Inspired? Please subscribe and leave a review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Consume a coffee that helps your gut and immune system. Four Sigmatic’s Ground coffee with probiotics and superfood mushrooms. Coffee that is easy on the stomach, organic, vegan, has immune and gut supporting Chaga and Turkey Tail mushrooms, prebiotics and heat resistant probiotics. Get yours now for 15% discount with code: ELPLP
Link: Shop Four Sigmatic
If you are on this journey too, help me find you and hashtag #Passionlovepursuit . This is an incredible journey. Let’s keep this pursuit in action!
Leave a comment