Heal Your Soul And Past Trauma With Practical Tools That ACTUALLY Work With Tara Schuster
8th May, 2023
Today’s episode is filled with stories, wisdom, and tools that actually work to heal even the deepest of wounds. My guest, Tara Schuster spent a decade on herself repairing the emotional wounds inflicted during what she refers to as her neglected, “mess-wreak disaster” of a childhood. She was able to bring radical self-care, healing rituals, and self-love into her life…but it wasn’t always easy. A breaking moment insisted she go deeper and through her radical awakening she now is able to shine her brightest light. In today’s episode she gives tools to help you heal your deepest wounds, getting off the “good enough plateau”, developing habits that give you lasting courage and resolve, and creating the life you actually want.
Tara Schuster is a former Comedy Central executive turned mental health advocate and bestselling author. She is the author of Buy Yourself the F*cking Lilies, a finalist for Goodreads’ Best Nonfiction Book of 2020 and selected by Cosmopolitan, Real Simple, Goop, Publishers Weekly, and many more as one of the year’s best books on mental health and self-care, as well her new book Glow in the F*cking Dark, -Simple practices to heal your soul from someone who learned the hard way. Previously, Schuster served as vice president of talent and development at Comedy Central, where she was the executive in charge of such critically acclaimed shows as the Emmy and Peabody award-winning Key & Peele. She shares her story along with honest and practical lessons for healing your past and owning your future so you can radiate strength, bravery, and joy when life gets dark.
Now let’s talk about this subject:
“Heal Your Soul And Past Trauma With Practical Tools That ACTUALLY Work”
“All these journeys start with self awareness”
We Talk About:
- Tools to find inner peace
- Shifting into a new identity, and how to do with ease
- How to practice loving your body
- Learning to practice gratitude
- Learning to set healthy boundaries
- Her journey to healing herself
- Her first book Buy Yourself the F-ing Lillies
- Turning to external validation
- The Lesson she took away from her childhood
- How she began to reparent herself
- Being laid off in the pandemic
- Her realization on drive to AZ. that woke her up
- What is the book Glow in the F-ing Dark
- Her first time learning of safety
- How journaling brings more self awareness
- Using an emotional wheel
- Naming how we feel
- Knowing where you get your self esteem from
- Doing things that makes you come alive
- Working from the inside out
- Stop shaming your body and instead having gratitude
- Self awareness around eating for nourishment
- Grief and gratitude always live together
- Changing your perspective and reframing on needing outside validation
- Journal prompts she leaves you with
- How healing affects our relationships
“If you were to leave with us a piece of wisdom you have learned in your life’s journey, what would that life lesson be that you would love to share with us today?
Resources included in episode
Inspired? Please subscribe and leave a review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Thank You To Our Sponsor:
Go to https://betterhelp.com/plppodcast for 10% off your first month of therapy with BetterHelp and get matched with a therapist who will listen and help #sponsored
BetterHelp is the world’s largest therapy service, and it’s 100% online. With BetterHelp, you can tap into a network of over 30,000 licensed and experienced therapists who can help you with a wide range of issues. With BetterHelp, you get the same professionalism and quality you expect from in-office therapy, but with a therapist who is custom-picked for you, more scheduling flexibility, and at a more affordable price.
If you are on this journey too, help me find you and hashtag #Passionlovepursuit . This is an incredible journey. Let’s keep this pursuit in action!
Leave a comment