Becoming A Superhero: How To Look And Feel Like A Superhero With Don Saladino
27th Sep, 2021
I don’t know about you, but if I had the choice I wouldn’t at all mind to feel and look like a superhero. I’m not talking about having these big muscles… I’m talking about having the mobility, flexibility, strength, endurance, lean physique, that looks damn good naked.
My guest today trains and coaches Superheros. Today you will learn how you too can achieve a superhero physique, so you look and feel your best.
Welcome my guest, Don Saladino, a coach & fitness entrepreneur. For over 20 years, Don has coached actors, athletes, musicians, and business executives. In 2005, he opened his NYC Gym, Drive 495. After operating a gym for 15 years, Don expanded to a global online fitness business. He has developed a reputation for training some of the biggest names in Hollywood for the big screen. Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Jake Gyllenhaal, Emily Blunt, Sebastian Stan, Annie Hathaway,Hugh Jackman, & David Harbour are among his roster of clients.
He has been tapped as a fitness expert in publications such as Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, and Met Rx. He has also been featured in People, US Weekly, Origins, In Touch, Cosmo, & Shape; and has made appearances doing live fitness demos on The Today Show, People NOW, E News, The Better Show, & The Juice. He sits on the advisory board of Men’s Health Magazine.
In 2018, he was on the cover of the iconic Muscle & Fitness Magazine and returns this October on the cover as well.
Now let’s talk about this subject:
“Becoming A Superhero: How To Look And Feel Like A Superhero”
Imagine what it would feel and look like if you had the physique you always wanted. Would you imagine of yourself having the strength, flexibility, energy, mobility, endurance, and a body that is lean with definition…all the characteristics of a superhero? Superhero trainer and fitness expert, Don Saladino will be sharing how you can achieve the body of a Superhero so you can feel and look your bestNow let’s get to it…
“Resistance training is the entree, cardio training should be the side dish”
We Talk About:
- How to ensure we remain mobile and increase our mobility
- Why we must use resistance training
- How one can increase their metabolism
- Long term and short term goals, how they differ
- His recommended recovery hacks
- Not making food our enemy
- How our sleep quality affects our overall energy and output
- The exercise everyone should be incorporating into their workout
- How he got into fitness
- How he started training his first celebrity client, Hugh Jackman for a superhero role
- What is his definition of a superhero
- Training with a purpose
- How he assesses someone to train
- The importance of sleep quality over time
- How he helps train someones mobility
- Why he says X doesn’t always mark the spot
- Earning the right to lift heavy
- How training heavy promotes longevity
- Why foam rolling is essential and how it helps and what it does essentially
- Why cardio is not the best way to lose fat
- Why resistance training is more bang for the buck
- Getting your steps in
- What HITT training actually is
- Getting to know your body and how it responds to things
- Not being afraid of calories and how you should look at it otherwise
- What happens when we starve ourselves of nutrition
- What NEAT is
- Unilateral movements why so beneficial
- Lower body training being the most important to train and why
- His thoughts on specific diets
- The number one thing people ask him
What would be a piece of advice you would share to others?
Resources included in episode
Inspired? Please subscribe and leave a review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
If you are on this journey too, help me find you and hashtag #Passionlovepursuit . This is an incredible journey. Let’s keep this pursuit in action!
Leave a comment