Mastering Your Sleep: 5 Steps To Optimize Your Energy, Get Quality Sleep, And Be More Effective With Fasting | Dr. Michael J. Breus
14th Mar, 2022
Today I bring back a popular guest on the podcast to go deeper into the subject of mastering our sleep. This episode will contain much more than addressing our sleep. You will learn not only how to hack your sleep by gaining more quality over quantity of hours of rest, but how knowing the combination of your chronotype, body type, and when to ideally intermittent fast—you will gain a surge in more energy.
Welcome my guest, Dr Michael J. Breus, He is a clinical psychologist, a diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine, and a fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He has been in practice for 23 years, has been featured on The Dr. Oz Show more than 40 times and was named the top sleep specialist in California by Reader’s Digest. Dr,. Breus is the author of The Power of When, The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan, Beauty Sleep and his newest book, Energize co-authored with Stacey Griffith, the founding Senior Master Instructor at Soulcycle.
In this episode Dr. Breus shares the hacks, science, and tools to optimize you sleep, energy, and productivity.
Now let’s talk about this subject:
“Mastering Your Sleep: 5 Steps To Optimize Your Energy, Get Quality Sleep, And Be More Effective With Fasting”
Do you want to learn the hacks to master your sleep? Learn today the science behind getting quality sleep with The Sleep Doctor, Michael J. Breus. By combining your chronotype and body type, know when best to fast, become more effective in your movement, gain more energy throughout your day, and get quality night sleep.
We Talk About:
- Movement and sleep; how they comes together
- Recap of the chronotypes
- Hybrids of chronotypes
- The 3 body types and simple way of knowing which one you are
- Diet that helps energy- intermittent fasting
- How intermittent fasting and knowing your chronotypes goes together
- Can you shift the time you wake up even if it’s not your chronotype’s time
- How you can start to consolidate your sleep
- Which is more important: Go to sleep same time or wake up same time
- How to help yourself stay asleep
- Statistics currently during Covid that will shock you
- Relying on sleeping pills
- How your body temperature regulates your sleep
- What you first should not do when you wake up in the middle night
- What your heart rate needs to be at to fall asleep
- What is non-sleep deep rest
- How breathing will help you go back to sleep
- Benefits of having a humidifier to help sleep
- Thoughts on melatonin, sleeping aids, and sleeping pills
- Truth about melatonin supplements
- Signs you are overdosing on melatonin
- Knowing if you have a melatonin deficiency by taking a simple test
- What you should not take on a daily basis
- When you should stop drinking coffee and alcohol
- Magnesium and CBD for sleep
- What is Banana tea and the benefits
- Why we are most deficient in magnesium
- How sleep and movement provides more energy
- The 5×5 program to maintain energy throughout the day
- What is emotional energy
Resources included in episode
Inspired? Please subscribe and leave a review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Thank you to our Sponsor:
Today’s episode is brought to you by one of my favorite health experts and founder of Mindful Health LLC, Danette May. Danette’s top superfood product from her Earth Echo Foods line is Cacao Bliss, which is one of my absolute favorite things I consume everyday!
Cacao bliss is a unique blend of 100% Organic Cacao Beans that are naturally kissed by the sun – maintaining its miraculous health benefits. Then they blend it with Turmeric, MCT Oil, Coconut, Himalayan Sea Salt, Cinnamon and Black Pepper for the perfect blend that tastes incredible.
The result? Fall in love with a truly decadent, healthy, guilt-free chocolate…removing your cravings, facilitating weight loss, boosting your energy and reducing your inflammation with one simple drink. Not only that, it is friendly to Paleo, Gluten-Free, Keto, Vegan, and Vegetarian Diets.
We are offering up to 15% off when you use code: ERICAL
Just go to https://earthechofoods.com/ericalippy
If you are on this journey too, help me find you and hashtag #Passionlovepursuit . This is an incredible journey. Let’s keep this pursuit in action!
Leave a comment