A Lifestyle Medicine To Get Us Back To Our Primal Roots With Dr. Trisha Smith
27th Apr, 2020
I am so excited to share this episode… I had the honor of speaking with Dr.Trisha Smith. For those of you that might not know Dr. Trisha, she is well recognized for her speciality in training and teaching the Wim Hof method and principles. She is one of the 1st in the United States to be trained using Wim Hof’s method.
Dr. Trisha is the Founder of Expand Your Human. She has spent the last decade passionately dissecting what makes us human and how we can get back to our primal roots, while developing a lifestyle medicine that is simple and practical. Expand her Human consists of 6 primal principles which are: sleep, breath, move, play, challenge, and be still. She has worked with professional athletes, including the San Diego Padres, celebrities, and high-performance professionals, such as YPO, Jesse Itzler, and Lewis Howes. She is on a mission to empower people in their own health-optimizing their human performance and expanding their human.
Now let’s talk about this subject:
“A Lifestyle Medicine To Get Us Back To Our Primal Roots”
Many of you have heard of the Wim Hof Method by now, but you aren’t quite certain what it is, how to do it, or why it’s so beneficial. Dr. Trisha Smith trains beside Wim Hof and is one of the first certified in the US by his method. She will share today how we can change our mindset around stress, trust our exhale, and get back to our primal roots to optimize our human performance and expanding your human.
Today we will discuss:
- what is the Wim Hof method
- the importance of breathwork
- cold and hot exposure
- sleep cycle
- good stress
- reducing anxiety and lowing heartbeat
- how timing matters for everything we do in life
- building our awareness
This will absolutely fascinate you and challenge you to try some of these principles yourself. Today’s episode will help support you in achieving ultimate health, help form a different mindset around stress, and help you reduce anxiety you might be enduring now or potentially in the future.
“Awareness is our greatest superpower”
Questions I ask:
- What are the 6 principles of Expand Your Human?
- What is the Wim Hof method?
- What happens during a cold plunge and why is it so such an essential tool?
- How often we should expose ourselves to cold?
- Why is it better to do cold in the morning and hot at night?
- What are you suppose to focus on during plunge? What’s the internal focus?
- How do we start a new practice with cold therapy?
- Why time matters with everything in life?
- How can we set ourselves up for better sleep?
- How can we use breath work to handle our anxiety?
- What good stress is
- What happens during a cold plunge?
- Is intermittent fasting a way to help strengthen our bodies?
- Setting up time with the earth cycle
If you were to write a book on your life’s story. What would be a piece of advice you would share to others on the first page?
What does a passionate purposeful life look like to you?
Resources included in episode
Inspired? Please subscribe and leave a review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
If you are on this journey too, help me find you and hashtag #Passionlovepursuit . This is an incredible journey. Let’s keep this pursuit in action!
Leave a comment