Stop The Dieting Roller Coaster: Create a Lifestyle for Sustainable Health, Better Body Composition, And Improved Body Image With Mike Millner
20th Mar, 2023
Welcome Spring. Today’s episode will give you the permission to start fresh and new with achieving your health and body goals. Although today’s episode is not about the next diet or fitness plan you need to get on…instead my guest and I talk about why diets aren’t what you need to be and what you need to focus on instead.
My guest, Mike Millner is Nutrition Coach & Owner of Peak Optimization Performance (POP). He has been a high-level nutrition coach for almost 10 years. He has a gift for understanding the psychological and physiological needs of his clients, which has led to thousands of success stories. Mike is the author of The Personality Diet: The Simple Solution to Getting Off the Diet Hamster Wheel and Finally Creating Lasting Results. His personality-based approach with an emphasis on mindset has been featured in Thibarmy.com, the Nutritional Coaching Institute, True Transformation, and many others. He is also the host of Mind Over Macros Podcast.
Now let’s talk about this subject:
“Stop The Dieting Roller Coaster: Create a Lifestyle for Sustainable Health, Better Body Composition, And Improved Body Image”
Are you sick of trying another diet to end up still not achieving your body goals? Stop the yo-yo dieting and instead learn today how you can create a sustainable lifestyle plan that works for you and gives you better health, wellbeing, and an improved sense of self. My guest, Mike Millner shares the harmful effecting over trying another diet and how you can instead change your mindset and identity to create the results you desire. If you are wanting to reach your goals this year, but don’t know how to make it happen and last, Mike will share the tips and tools you need to get started again today.
“Instead of finding the perfect diet plan, create the lifestyle that works for you individually”
Questions I ask:
- His story and what led him into his passion today
- How he got into dieting
- Stoping the yo-yo dieting
- Having a lifestyle approach
- Changing your behaviors
- Take perfection off the table
- The psychology behind why so many don’t reach their end goal
- Future emotional states
- Coping mechanism when you guilt and shame
- Your thoughts and feelings don’t have to dictate your behavior
- His podcast, Mindset over macros
- The harmful effects of calorie restriction explained
- How dieting can affecting our hormones
- How his thyroid was affected by dieting for so long
- What is Marcos and what are the downfalls + benefits to tracking macros
- Why stress is a big part of why people can’t lose weight
- Having things to relieve your stress
- Is cardio really good for fat loss
- What happens when you do cardio and muscle training
- The one cardio he would recommend
- The best place for someone to start to get better body composition
- What the personality diet
- Asking yourself what identity are you tied to
- New app: POP peak optimal performance
- The prep work to start with now to get the body you would like
- Why you want what you want
- The future you
- 3 simple steps to take now
“If you were to leave with us a piece of wisdom you have learned in your life’s journey, what would that life lesson be that you would love to share with us today?
Resources included in episode
Inspired? Please subscribe and leave a review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Grab these delicious, guilt free, superfood infused pancake + waffle mix: PranaCakes™ and BrainCakes™
We are offering up to 15% off when you use code: PLPPODCAST
Just go to:
Thank You To Our Sponsor:
Living Prana, introduces a new way to supercharge your day by providing nutrient dense superfoods, adaptogens and functional mushrooms all packed into their two delicious pancake and waffle mixes; PranaCakes™ and BrainCakes™.
PranaCakes™ and BrainCakes™ are packed with 9+ superfoods, mushrooms, and adaptogens, all while removing the unhealthy preservatives, additives, and refined sugar. These cakes deliver sustainable nutrition (including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, protein and fiber) that subsain the body’s needs, increase energy levels, and enhance mental fitness throughout the day. Containing only the highest quality, organic, kosher, plant based, gluten free, grain free ingredients and that omit the top 8 food allergens (except coconut).
Revitalize your body, activate your mind, and optimize your day in the most delicious way! The Proof is in the Prana.
If you are on this journey too, help me find you and hashtag #Passionlovepursuit . This is an incredible journey. Let’s keep this pursuit in action!
Leave a comment
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.