Steven Kotler: The Art Of Impossible — The Playbook To Achieving Flow And Peak Performance
14th Jun, 2021
Can you recall those moments where you are completely locked into a task and everything just seems to flow effortlessly? Everything around you becomes non-existent and your task becomes the center of focus, you are more productive and accomplished because of it. This state you were in is called “Flow”. Flow state is something we all have the ability to get into, but imagine if you could access it at any time and increase your productivity by 500%. Once you learn the steps to achieving flow and obtaining your peak performance you will never want to strive for anything less.
Today’s expert guest has spent his life studying flow and peak performance. What he shares today will give you a roadmap to obtaining your ultimate peak performance.
Welcome my guest Steven Kotler. Steven is a New York Times bestselling author, an award-winning journalist, and the Executive Director of the Flow Research Collective. He is one of the world’s leading experts on human performance. He is the author of nine bestsellers (out of thirteen books total), including The Art of Impossible, The Future Is Faster Than You Think, Stealing Fire, The Rise of Superman, Bold and Abundance. His work has been nominated for two Pulitzer Prizes, translated into over 40 languages, and appeared in over 100 publications, including the New York Times Magazine, Wired, Atlantic Monthly, TIME and the Harvard Business Review. Steven is also the cohost of Flow Research Collective Radio.
Now let’s talk about this subject:
“The Art Of Impossible — The Playbook To Achieving Flow And Peak Performance”
What does it take to accomplish the impossible? What does it take to shatter our limitations, exceed our expectations, and turn our biggest dreams into our most recent achievements?
We are capable of so much more than we know—that’s the message at the core of The Art of Impossible. Building upon cutting-edge neuroscience and over twenty years of research, Steven Kotler lays out a blueprint for extreme performance improvement. If you want to aim high, here is the playbook to make it happen!
“Peak performance is nothing more than getting our biology to work for us rather than against us”
We Talk About:
- Why it is called the art of impossible, not the science of impossible
- The reason why biology scales, not personality
- The difference between small I “Impossible” and big I “Impossible”
- Why it is bad for us to not live out our potential
- How to discover your passion and purpose with a simple exercise
- What you should do daily and weekly to optimize your peak performance
- What is flow
- Art of Impossible book who is for
- What is peak performance
- The system of peak performance and order of things working together
- Why so many get derailed from achieving the impossible vision or goal they have
- Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
- 6 different grit skills
- 6 things to do everyday 7 every week
- Compound interest for obtaining peak performance
- What minimum sleep for flow
- How to block anxiety – 3 basic techniques
- Being in the state of flow and why we should seek it
- Why is it bad for us to not tap into our potential
- 6 major causes of depression or anxiety
What would be a piece of advice you would share to others?
Resources included in episode
Inspired? Please subscribe and leave a review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
If you are on this journey too, help me find you and hashtag #Passionlovepursuit . This is an incredible journey. Let’s keep this pursuit in action!
Leave a comment